Source Control

Source Control

Postby Bob » Sat Jun 23, 2007 1:20 pm

Here’s the deal. I have been trying to figure this out for some time now, but I am not doing very well in the clear thinking arena at the moment I suppose. I need an SVN server, and I want it to be on a computer that is running Linux, but I am lost from there. I have tried following install directions for Gentoo and Debian but SVN is beyond me I guess. Have any of you all hit this issue and if so what did you do to remedy it? I have installed the software temporarily on my local host but getting XAMPP to forward it properly has been a real pain in the ass. Hit me up with some suggestions. When I get the system working ill write up a tutorial so others don’t have to endure the pain I have.

=)
Bob
Site Admin

Re: Source Control

Postby Wildfire » Sun Jun 24, 2007 6:20 pm

As I was attempting to decide which Source Control method was best, someone suggested I use SVN, and then someone showed me this Assembla service, which is basically like BaseCamp but with an SVN tool built in.

I understand you're looking to host your own server, but the one provided by Assembla has been working really smoothly for my mod team, and its free up to 200mb, so you may be interested in taking a look.
-Wild
Wildfire
New Blood

Postby Bob » Sun Jun 24, 2007 8:03 pm

:lol: =) Beautiful. I will push off using my own server for a while. I still need to figure this out though :?
Bob
Site Admin

Postby whitfield » Sat Jul 21, 2007 1:20 am

So this is how Bob found Assembla... 8)
whitfield
Site Admin

Return to General Discussion