[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Gneu.org • View topic - Prefect

Prefect

Prefect

Postby Bob » Thu Dec 14, 2006 12:36 pm

Trillian is interesting ? at the same time that it opens up the door for communication between AIM, IRC, MSN, GTalk etc. it has also managed to become the slowest to load application on my desktop. Some of the features that it has are absolutely indispensable and I can?t go back to regular versions of these chat applications because I am so used to having things like logging, secure chat, and not to mention the fact that all of those applications are null and void because I have them all in one application...

I have a hypothesis that Trillian is written badly, and I have written them in order to gain some information in that front but they aren?t willing to share. Instead of relying on piracy to drive my usage of the various clients, I propose writing one, as always open source, that would incorporate all of the same features as Trillian, but give us the experience of network communications as well as code optimization.
Bob
Site Admin

Postby steven_m64 » Thu Dec 14, 2006 6:05 pm

Try Gaim, it has support for over 11 protocols and you can add more via plugins.

best of all its lightweight and not bloated.
steven_m64
Retarded Coder

Postby Bob » Thu Dec 14, 2006 6:07 pm

I know gaim, i dont like it for its beautyless exterior.

I also wanted to put this out because it would be a great way to learn network protocols.
Bob
Site Admin

Return to Project Updates