Intermediate tutorial #1

Intermediate tutorial #1

Postby Bob » Mon Sep 03, 2007 8:16 pm

Give it a look through and let me know what your thoughts are. I have been eggin to get some of this stuff up on youtube so here goes. This is the first of the intermediate tutorials showing off animation, and some quaternion rotation calculations.
Bob
Site Admin

Re: Intermediate tutorial #1

Postby Bob » Tue Sep 04, 2007 12:22 am

I have tweaked it quite a bit, its not cleaned up very well, but it works.

http://tools.assembla.com/svn/gneu_ogre ... mediate_1/
Bob
Site Admin

Postby Bob » Tue Sep 04, 2007 3:21 pm

I guess i should mention that this isnt a tutorial that i am writing, more one that im going through and making video of.

http://www.ogre3d.org/wiki/index.php/In ... Tutorial_1
Bob
Site Admin

Postby franklyn » Sun Sep 16, 2007 8:26 am

*drools* I've forgotten how incredibly gratifying game development can be , i really need to setup my rig and get into Ogre. what would be the best way to start ?
franklyn
New Blood

Postby Bob » Sun Sep 16, 2007 11:25 am

the way i started was to just jump in. It supports MSVS 2005 and fuckin rolls straight away, so it's not much of a learning curve. There are ~ 17 tutorials on the site, and they are grouped very well. I suggest you start trying to solve them and you are bound to find some interesting shit under a few stones therein. =)

My second step was to read the Pro Ogre 3d Development book from Apress which filled in a few of the holes and helped me unlearn a lot of things from HL2 Development.

I have my first tutorial coming out for Ogre, and i am going to release it in video form as well as an article on my wiki. Should be pretty interesting, but all n all its been a very gratifying experience. I have to get back to recording. =) Get yourselves ready for the crazy antics. I hope you guys enjoy what you see, i sure as fuck have!
Bob
Site Admin

Return to Game Development