Bug on forums

Notices, Updates and General Posts - Meet new people and enjoy your development time

Bug on forums

Postby Baer » Wed Jan 03, 2007 6:40 pm

The forums do not remember the password you type in. Every time I come to forums I have to type in password and login just to see the new posts. Is there any way at all possible to make this forum remember the password like the swallowbush forum does?
Who Me??? I am just nobody.
Baer
Forum Moderator

Postby steven_m64 » Wed Jan 03, 2007 7:17 pm

the forums remember the password perfectly fine for me and other people.

theres something wrong on your end.

try deleting all your cookies and make sure your using the correct url for the forums: http://forum.gneu.org
steven_m64
Retarded Coder

Postby Bob » Wed Jan 03, 2007 7:41 pm

Do you have IE7? from my first experience with it i was under the impression that you had to expressly say this site is safe in order to be able to handle cookies. And im sure IE6 has a similar feature.
Bob
Site Admin

Postby Bob » Thu Jan 11, 2007 3:59 pm

http://ccc.atmos.colostate.edu/~hail/howto/faq/cookies.htm wrote:How do I check or change my cookie settings?
For Netscape 4.x users select Edit -> Preferences and then click on the 'Advanced' item in the list and you will see the cookie settings.

For Netscape 6.X and 7.x users select Edit -> Preferences and click on the small triangle with the Privacy label. Select 'Cookies' and you will see your cookie settings.

For Internet Explorer 5.x users select Tools -> Internet Options, click on the 'Security' tab, click the 'Custom Level' button, scroll down the list until you find the 'Cookies' section.

For Internet Explorer 7.x users select Tools -> Internet Options, click on the Privacy tab and click on the 'Advanced' button. Click on the "Overide automatic cookie handling" box to access the controls.
Bob
Site Admin

Return to Site Discussions & Updates