How is this going to work?

Notices, Updates and General Posts - Meet new people and enjoy your development time

How is this going to work?

Postby Bob » Thu Dec 07, 2006 9:08 pm

The way I would like this to work is simple. I will continue posting my ideas until someone gets interested in helping me put one of them together and then I will finish the design and all other documentation that is necessary for that project, open up a SourceForge project and I will post the various access information for you all to be able to join up, branch, merge at your leisure.

Ideally I would like to have at least 3 people helping bring any one of the projects together, giving a meaningful amount of their time to help the forward motion of the application, emphasis is on meaningful because idling is not an acceptable state for an application.

You are also free to bring your own project ideas to fruition here. I welcome all ideas and will gladly help out on anything that is posted, as long as it?s not just crazy, although I?ve been known to pull that off too.

Thank you all for taking part in this site, and I hope you all enjoy your stay.
Bob
Site Admin

Postby Bob » Thu Dec 07, 2006 9:46 pm

I want it to be clear, this forum is strictly for development ideas, no flame wars, and no discussion. I would like this to be kept clean and straight forwards.

And please don't post that stuff here because i don't want to have to moderate this section.
Bob
Site Admin

Postby Bob » Thu Dec 14, 2006 1:52 am

Each thread is begun with an idea, then discussion ensues. if a discussion hits a high point i will sticky it and a ddoc will be developed at that point. When the ddoc is finished being drafted it will be unveiled and discussion will continue.

Each project is then going to set its sights on a chunk of the ddoc and the project will go live.

Live means SourceForge will know its active and give us the access we need to begin working on the project.
Bob
Site Admin

Postby Bob » Thu Dec 14, 2006 6:21 pm

Before any thread can be stickied the initial post needs to have the following format...

Project
Project name

Description
Short 1 to 2 sentence description of your projects purpose

Technical Requirements
What your project will require in regards to hardware, software development packages or books anything at all.

Possible Features/Discussion log (Last Update Date in MM/DD/YYYY Format)
A bulleted listing of all features that are possible and or have been brough up in the discussion.
You may ignore things that are not important enough to note. Its just a good idea to see what options there are.
Bob
Site Admin

Return to Site Discussions & Updates