Removing Console Commands?

Please don't post here unless its in response to an existing topic. New discussion is to be shared in the other forums.

Removing Console Commands?

Postby madgernader » Mon Aug 06, 2007 3:06 pm

Hey there, I'm doing my usual fiddling around with a multiplayer Mod, and I'm trying to remove the option of a flashlight totally, I removed it from the "create server' dialog, but it still shows up in the console ( mp_flashlight 0-1 ) and I would like to take it out...

so far I found
Code: Select all
extern ConVar   flashlight;

in game.h and
Code: Select all
ConVar   flashlight( "mp_flashlight","0", FCVAR_NOTIFY );

in game.cpp, I'm pretty sure the second is the one that actually sets up how it shows in the console, but I cant think of how to go about removing it...

Any tips would rock, Id prefer them to be more generalities of stuff to search for and not just the code to fix it so I can solve this more on my own. Thanks in Advance :)
madgernader
New Blood

Re: Removing Console Commands?

Postby Bob » Mon Aug 06, 2007 7:39 pm

http://wiki.gneu.org/index.php?title=No ... d_Creation

You are correct about the formatting of that construct, but im not sure how to help you. I am fairly certain that removing the entry there should remedy your problem, but i cant say that without the thought that there is something else that may be in the background. I only added commands, never removed, so im assuming that removing the entry for creation should help. give that a try.
Bob
Site Admin

Re: Removing Console Commands?

Postby madgernader » Mon Aug 06, 2007 8:53 pm

:( thats the reply i didn't want to hear...

Ive tried messing around with those two, but by removing or in my case commenting them it just leaves a lot of the other deeper ones with newly made drop offs and as such errors, and I don't want to really chase those leads around commenting out the entire code as its not that big of issue yet, but I'll just keep messing with it.
madgernader
New Blood

Return to Unsorted Old Posts