From DM to Scratch

Please don't post here unless its in response to an existing topic. New discussion is to be shared in the other forums.

From DM to Scratch

Postby Jorg40 » Sat Dec 30, 2006 6:14 pm

Yeah, so we had it all figured out. Until..

Well let me just ask one thing, does HL2DM Src support HDR?

Until..
The code got messy and all got fucked up, because we tried so many new things. And we used the DM code, now we want to over to Scratch.

But I do fear scratch dont know why, but it seems like its REALLY is scratch there is nothing there. I have no idea where to start. I had flag code, class system, score system for the flags and teams.

But now as I want it over to Scratch I really dont know what to do. :oops:

Any recommendings or help offered?

We use SVN so if you can help use, I sure can give you acces. I just need something to get started on.

Thanks in advance :wink:
Jorg40

Postby Baer » Sun Dec 31, 2006 1:57 pm

Well to start Scratch does not have any Teams, Teamplay, and it has basic weapons. Basically it is just a barebones sdk. DM has teams, teamplay, and most of the weapons coded in. If you start from scratch SDK you will have to code most of the team stuff in. It can be done, but for someone who doesn't have a lot of sdk experience it can be tough.

yea hldm does support HDR.

As for code being messed up. Make a new mod call it hl2dm get a conversion tool like winmerge or beyond compare and straighten your code out. When you get it straight make a backup somewhere on your hard so you have something to reference back to so you dont' have messes.
Who Me??? I am just nobody.
Baer
Forum Moderator

Postby Jorg40 » Mon Jan 01, 2007 5:16 am

Then I will create a new one. Redo the code a bit to aswell.

I'm not the mapper on the team, so I have no clue on HDR only knows what it is. So hearing that DM support HDR was great news for me.

I appreciate your help. :wink:
Jorg40

Postby Bob » Tue Jan 02, 2007 1:33 pm

I have actually found the scratch mod to be easier to modify because there is a lot that is added to the mp & sp extractions. I haven't tested this on the new code base though, so i don't know if thats still true.
Bob
Site Admin

Return to Unsorted Old Posts